Microblogging is the use of specialized blog software to create short posts. Some services allow posts to be sent via SMS (texting), instant messaging, third-party applications, as well as from a web interface. Like Blogs, microblogs typically generate an RSS feed, allowing content to be published and widely distributed.
Further Info on Microblogging
- Common Craft. "Twitter in Plain English." Video. 5 March 2008. Retrieved 7 April 2008.
- "Micro-blogging." Wikipedia. Retrieved 7 April 2008.
- Tropea, John. "How I Use the Various Micro-blogging Services." Library Clips. 5 February 2008. Retrieved 7 April 2008.
Uses of Microblogging in Libraries
- Case Grande Public Library Case Grande, Arizona, USA
- University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Undergraduate Library Illinois, USA
- Yale Science Libraries
Further Info on Microblogging and Libraries
- Murphy, Joe. Better Practices From the Field: Micro-Blogging for Science & Technology Libraries (2008) Science & Technology Libraries 28(4).