Library Camp doesn't mean burned marshmallows, mosquito bites, or popsicle stick-based art projects. Library Camp is a series of informal Unconference gatherings to share ideas, technologies, and discussions.
The goal is to get a bunch of people together, and let them talk about whatever they'd like to talk about, within the rough purview of libraries and library technology. We'll start with all getting together with a blank schedule to talk about what we'd like to talk about and fill in a few slots on the agenda. We've got time for four sessions and room for at least 3 concurrent sessions, so there could easily be 10-12 different things to talk about during the day.
We're working on providing breakfast; lunch is on your own, but there will surely be groups heading out to nearby places in downtown Ann Arbor. There is also a mid-range hotel near by (The Campus Inn, $200/night, orbitz has for $99/night), and a very cheap place a little further out that's not half bad (Lamp Post Inn, $45/night).
If you have any questions about the event, please don't hesitate to email eli at firstname.lastname@example.org and he'll be happy to help, and if you're planning or hoping to attend, or have an idea for something you'd like to see a session about, edit this page and list your name or your suggestion! Thanks for your interest, and we hope to see you at Library Camp!
I plan or hope to attend!
- Evette Atkin, MLC
- Brian Austin, MLC
- Aaron Beebe, GDL
- John Blyberg, Darien Library
- Stephen Bollinger, CADL
- Steven K. Bowers, Detroit Area Library Network (DALNET)
- Suzanne Chapman, University of Michigan Library
- Celeste Choate, AADL
- Ryan Eby, AADL
- Janet Elkins, UM-Dearborn Mardigian Library
- Kathryn Gordon, Wayne State LIS Program, Detroit
- Alan Kirk Gray, Darien Library (hope)
- Heidi Hansen, Wayne State LIS Program, Detroit
- Rikhei Harris, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI (hope)
- Roshayne Jaimon, AADL
Ranti Junus, Michigan State University Libraries, LansingSorry, I ended up couldn't make it.
- Shana Kimball, University of Michigan Library
- Molly Kleinman, University of Michigan Library
- Eric J. Klooster, AADL
- Sarah Lowen, GVSU/Van Andel, WSU LIS Program
- Andrew MacLaren, AADL
- Sara Martin, University of Detroit Mercy
- Linda Masselink, GVSU
- Sara Memmott, Eastern Michigan University
- Ronnie Morgan, GDL
- Xanthe Muller, Wayne State LIS Program, Detroit
Peter Murray, OhioLINKApologies, can't make it due to a higher priority commitment.
- Eli Neiburger, AADL
- Philip Proefrock, Luckenbach|Ziegelman Architects
- Maryellen Sandford, CADL
- Maura Seale, GVSU
- Ed Vielmetti, Pure Visibility, Ann Arbor
- Kathryn Waggoner, GVSU
- John Hershey, Wayne State LIS program
- Helene Blowers, Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Eric Schnell, The Ohio State University Libraries
- Kathy Schoening, Jackson District Library
- Carl Swanberg, Canton Public Library
- Anne Karle-Zenith, University of Michigan Library
- Victor Ibegbu, Detroit Public Library
- Mike Creech, University of Michigan Library
- Steven Teeri, Detroit Public Library
- Amy Barnes, Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Susan Vedovato, Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Macrina Porter, Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Samuel Davis, Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Michael Haney, Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Greg Syferd, Columbus Metropolitan Library
I wish I could be there!
- Margie Brumm, Rochester Public Library
- Pascal Calarco, University of Notre Dame
- How about post-netflix circ ideas? They've shaken up our customer's expectations... I wonder what Library Campers could come up with?
- Life after the era of the ILS vendor
- Cooperative development (inter-library coding)
- Practical 2.0 magic
- Cloud computing for libraries
- Marketing your library services using the internet/2.0 technologies/etc.
- Ideas for using smartphones in Reference