From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
- Libraries Matter - Check out their inspiring success stories and their successful wristband sales program.
- Check out IN MY BOOK ®, a unique combination of greeting card and bookmark in one. For resale by FOL groups, at booksales, at the library shop or at the circulation desk, these bookmark/cards make a great little fundraiser, and offer a bit of a change from all those tee-shirts, mugs and bookbags! Buy wholesale for $2.00 per card, sell them for $3.95, and enjoy the profits. Please visit : the libraries page and : our gallery of styles.
Here's another nice fundraising idea... Light up roses!
Blogs/Websites to Watch
- Funding by WebJunction
- Friends of Libraries USA
- Check in daily for the very latest in library news with LISNews. Come by, read an article, add your comments, write a blog, or submit an article. LISNews needs YOU!
- Librant Grants BlogVisit the library grants blog to find out about all types of grant opportunities available for your library! Maintained by two librarians, Stephanie Gerding and Pam MacKellar.
- MHLS Fundraising Resources Page (includes in-depth section on Friends Groups) Mid-Hudson Library System.
Specific Blog Posts/Articles/Books to Check Out
- Public Libraries "Bringing in the Money". Column, Jan. 2005-present (every issue).
- Grants for Libraries: A How-To-Do-It Manual and CD-ROM for Librarians Neal-Schuman Publishers. 2006.
- Gerding, S. (Feb. 2003). Small Library, Big Fundraising: Community Support Is Way Above Par. Computers in Libraries, 23(2), 14.