From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
- Hagerdorn, Kat Looking for Pearls of Information. Research Information (March/April 2005).
- Misek, Marla, "eScholars of the World, Unite! The University of California Revolutionizes Publishing Paradigm" EContent (March 2004).
Repositories in LIS
Repositories of pre-prints, Open Access, conference papers and other materials in LIS
- Archives SIC (French archive in Communication and Information Sciences)
- Librarians Digital Library
- CDSware - CERN Document Server Software from Switzerland published under the GPL.
- DSpace - a digital repository system developed by MIT and HP that is in use at many institutions.
- Fedora - repository software developed Cornell University and the University of Virginia.
- GNU EPrints - online archival software published under the GPL.
- DoKS software - DOcument and Knowledge Sharing application.
- Digital Commons- by Bepress.
- Digital Media Archive Technology - by Sirsi.
- Digitool - by Ex Libris.
- Symposia - by Innovative Interfaces
- University of California's eScholarship Repository
- Cornell University Library Technical Reports and Papers
- MIT's own DSpace implementation
- SMARTech at Georgia Tech
- RIT's DSpace implementation- still in the works]
- ScholarWorks at Boise State University
- SIT Study Abroad/SIT Graduate Institute's DigitalCollections@SIT - using BePress's Digital Commons
- University of Nebraska's Digital Commons repository
Blogs/Websites to Watch
- Open Access News: news from the Open Access movement. The most complete blog about OA, edited by Peter Suber.
- D-Lib Magazine: An impressive electronic journal about digital library development.
- Sherpa: A project to set up institutional repositories in the UK
Specific Blog Posts/Articles to Check Out
- Vol.33, no. 3 (2005) issue of "Reference Services Review," will be a special issue about "the role of the reference librarian in the development, management, dissemination, and sustainability of institutional repositories." Read a pre-print of Charles W. Bailey's "The role of reference librarians in institutional repositories"
- Institutional Repositories: Essential Infrastructure for Scholarship in the Digital Age by Clifford Lynch.
- Where Do We Go From Here? The Next Decade for Digital Libraries by Clifford Lynch in D-Lib Magazine, July/August 2005.
- Understanding Faculty to Improve Content Recruitment for Institutional Repositories by Nancy Fried Foster and Susan Gibbons, University of Rochester. In D-Lib Magazine, January 2005.
- Institutional Repositories: Hidden Treasures by Miriam A. Drake in Searcher Magazine, May 2004.