Teen Booklists and Book Reviews
From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
The following is a list of Teen Booklist and book review web sites.
- Booklists for Young Adults on the Web "This index was compiled from the many YA-related web pages created by librarians, educators and others serving young adults."
- YALSA Booklists The Young Adult Library Association lists its award-winning teen books on its web site, from Best Books for Young Adults to the Printz and Alex awards.
- Nancy Keane's Booktalks Over 1,000 short booktalks for library personnel and teachers to use. Interest Level (IL) and grade Reading Level (RL) are included.
Book Review Web sites
- Amazon.com Teen BooksBrowse new books and read reviews by Amazon users.
- Vandergrift's Young Adult Literature Page A more scholarly look at YA literature and its history by a library school professor at Rutgers.
- Favorite Teenage Angst Books"Hi! You've stumbled into a celebration of teenage angst and personal discovery. Here, you'll learn about great books for teens, meet interesting authors and other creative folks, and join me in honoring the joys and struggles of our teenage years. Welcome!"
- Reading Rants: Out of the Ordinary Teen Booklists From the site: "What is it? A group of booklists for those of you teens out there who need a good read, but are wondering if there's life after Judy Blume and Gary Paulsen. . . . Why are you posting these lists? Because I think some librarians, teachers, book publishers and other adults don't give teens enough credit when it comes to reading tastes. I think that sometimes teens want books that ask a little more of them than Sweet Valley High or Fear Street, but that are still interesting enough to keep their attention. Hopefully the books suggested here will do just that."
- No Flying, No Tights A Website Reviewing Graphic Novels for Teens
- Center for the Study of Books in Spanish for Children and AdolescentsWritten in both English and Spanish, this site lists recommended books, professional resources, workshops, proceedings, friends, and links to other related sites.
- ChickLit Fiction- Hip, smart fiction about teens.
- Historical Fiction Starring Girls From the site: "I have created a selective bibliography of Historical Fiction books for Young Adults that have female protagonists. I have not limited my selections by time period or geographical location, but have tried to choose stories that involve the characters in an adventure. Although they are not fiction, I included some memoirs that are especially powerful and absorbing."
- Flamingnet - book reviews by teens.
- Review and React - Teens & adults write and react to book reviews.
- See Me 4 Books Reviews for and by teens of new YA books, from Betsy Fraser of Calgary Public Library.
- Teen Ink This teen-authored print magazine contains a large number of book reviews written by young adults.
- Teen ReadsFrom the site: "Teenreads.com is THE place online for teens to talk about their fave books --- and find the hippest new titles!"