Services for Health Information Consumers
From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
Revision as of 15:10, 15 April 2011 by Johnbramble
- Assessing the information needs of health care providers in rural areas shares strategies that have worked medical librarians as they serve the Native American population in the Four Corners Region.
- Working with tribal populations to increase access to health information share "lessons learned" from medical librarians working with Native American tribes
- Kansas GoLocal a collaboration of public, academic, and health sciences libraries building an online locator service for health care resources and services in the state of Kansas
- Crossing the Religious Divide a partnership between an academic library and a faith-based organization to train caregivers in religious diversity
- Changing the Face of Medicine shares the practices of a library exhibit and related events to celebrate the contributions of women physicians, to increase community awareness of medicine, and to inspire youth to pursue careers in medicine or health sciences.
- Aurora Lights
- Senior Outreach providing on-site health information resources to seniors who patronize a senior center
- Mobile School Health Information Initiative (MoSHI) a train-the-trainer program to connect K-12 librarians in the St. Louis metropolitan area with credible health information.
- Utah Consumer Health Information Infrastructure (Utahealthnet)