Publishing and Speaking
From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
Revision as of 08:19, 12 May 2007 by Fiona
Tips for Publishing in Library-Related Journals
- Communities Finding collaborators, mentors, and support - email lists, groups, journal clubs and reading rooms
- Committees on Research and Writing
- Research conferences and events
Tips for Speaking at Conferences/Getting Speaking Engagements
1. Publish a book.
2. Write and submit articles to print and on-line publications.
3. Submit press releases.
4. Advertise in publications your target audience reads.
5. Create a blog on your topic and updated regularly.
Blogs/Websites to Watch
- A Library Writer's Blog "Calls for papers, presentations, participation, reviewers, and other notices," maintained by Corey Seeman.
- Beyond the Job lists calls for papers for journals and conferences in the US and overseas
Specific Blog Posts/Articles to Check Out
- Publish, Don't Perish Rachel Singer Gordon's column on writing for the profession for Emerald
Specific Publishing Opportunities
- JOURNAL OF ACCESS SERVICES - Special Issue: Best Practices in Access Services (deadline is Feb 1, 2007)