Microblogging is the use of specialized blog software to create short posts. Some services allow posts to be sent via SMS (texting), instant messaging, third-party applications, as well as from a web interface. Like Blogs, microblogs typically generate an RSS feed, allowing content to be published and widely distributed.
Further Info on Microblogging
- Common Craft. "Twitter in Plain English." Video. 5 March 2008. Retrieved 7 April 2008.
- "Micro-blogging." Wikipedia. Retrieved 7 April 2008.
- Tropea, John. "How I Use the Various Micro-blogging Services." Library Clips. 5 February 2008. Retrieved 7 April 2008.
Microblogging in Libraries
- Ann Arbor District Library Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
- Ada Community Library Ada County, Idaho, USA
- ALSC Association of Library Service to Children (a division of the American Library Association)
- Case Grande Public Library Case Grande, Arizona, USA
- Cleveland Public Library Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Lunar and Planetary Institute Library Houston, Texas, USA
- Missouri River Regional Library, Cole and Osage Counties, Missouri, USA
- University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Undergraduate Library Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA
- Yale Science Libraries Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
- YALSA Young Adult Library Services Association (a division of the American Library Association)
Further Info on Microblogging and Libraries
- Braun, Linda W. "Snack Sized Blogging" VOYA. December 2007. Retrieved 8 April 2008.
- Francoeur, Stephen. "Reference Services and Twitter." Digital Reference. 2 May 2007. Retrieved 7 April 2008.
- Murphy, Joe. "Better Practices from the Field: Micro-Blogging for Science and Technology Libraries." Preprint of article published in Science and Technology Libraries 28.4 (2008). Retrieved 8 April 2008.
- Rethlefsen, Melissa. [http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6453427.html "Product Pipeline." Library Journal netConnect 15 July 2007. Retrieved 7 April 2008.
- WebJunction. "Twitter and the Missouri River Regional Library." WebJunction. 31 July 2007. Retrieved 7 April 2008.