- Libraries matter - Check out their brilliant wristband idea and the library success stories on the site.
- IFLA Success Stories Database International Federation of Library Associations has set up a database that aims to showcase the value of libraries to society as a whole.
Blogs/Websites to Watch
- Library Marketing - Thinking Outside the Book - great blog by Jill Stover.
- Promote Your Library
- Marketing the Library - a self-paced web-based training from OCLC.
- Why and How to Use Blogs to Promote Your Library's Services
by Darlene Fichter in Marketing Library Services from November/December 2003
- Market Your Library from Thomson/Gale
- Marketing Treasures - The free electronic newsletter with marketing ideas for information professionals. Published the 3rd Wednesday of each month, it is written by a librarian who is also a library marketing consultant. 12 years of back issues are available as PDF files on the Marketing Treasures web site. There are lots of ideas, resources, and practical advice for library and information service marketers.
Specific Blog Posts/Articles to Check Out
Marylaine Block's Ex Libris has an ongoing series Profit, and Provocation: Library Promotion for the Over-Educated by Tia Dobi. Link is to Part 7 (July 1, 2005); see also the six earlier parts.