The following information has been compiled from the vendor website and from Jody Fagan's Virtual Reference Software Comparison Spreadsheet (used with permission).
- Co-browsing: full co-browse functionality with Windows 98 & newer used with Internet Explorer 5.0 & newer or Netscape 4.7 or Mac OS 9 used with Netscape 4.7 & newer. Page-push functionality works with Windows 98 & newer systems used with Mozilla, Firefox, or Netscape 6/7 or Mac OS 9 & newer used with Safari, IE, Netscape, or Firefox.
- No patron downloads
- Integrated e-mail
- Integrated knowlege base functionality
- Survey capability
- Session transcripts
- Customizable patron entry forms
- File-sharing capability
- Outsourcing available through Virtual Library Solutions
- For a large academic library (~15,000 FTE), $1,995 set-up fee; $2,995 annual fee for 5 seats (minimum).
- On-site training is $1,500 per day (though free online training and videos are also available).
Libraries, Consortia & Others Using This Software
- Eastern Michigan University
- University of Toronto
- University of Arizona
- Sam Houston State University
- Franklin Pierce College (NH)
Literature/Case Studies From Institutions
- Behm, L.M. (2003) "Navigate the Net. One Library’s Experience with Review and Selection of Chat Software for Reference." Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 22(2), 85-92. [link]
User Reviews/Opinions Of This Software
There are no reviews/opinions of the software at this time.
For more information, please see the vendor site.